2014 Woods and Water Spring Fling Official Contest Rules
2014 Woods and Water Spring Fling
Official Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio stations WBEI, WDGM, and WFFN (“Station”), owned and operated by Townsquare Media Inc., 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405, during normal business hours (8am through 5pm) Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Woods and Water Spring Fling Contest (the “Contest”) as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents age 21 or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in this contest. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, Townsquare Media Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, participating sponsors, other radio stations, television stations and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
3. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest. ALL PREVIOUS WOODS AND WATER SPRING FLING/ FALL $5K GRAND PRIZE WINNERS ARE INELIGIBLE. The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
4. The contest will begin on February 3, 2014 and will run through March 1, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). There are three (3) ways to enter this Contest:
1. ONLINE ENTRY: Listeners may enter online from 8am Monday, February 3, 2014 to 5pm Friday, February 21. Listeners can enter the Contest by going to www.b1017online.com, www.953thebear.com, or www.tide991.com, and selecting the tab for this contest, and entering in into the station’s loyalty club. Online entry is unlimited; however, all additional entries beyond the initial entry must be purchased through points earned through the station’s loyalty club. More information about each station’s loyalty club and how to earn points is available at each station’s respective website. Station reserves the right to deem void and disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice.
Qualifying entries will then be called by station personnel beginning Monday, February 10, 2014; if the qualifier does not answer or return the station’s phone call within twenty-four (24) hours, s/he will be disqualified, and another qualifier will be chosen. Web entry is open as of 8am Monday, February 3, 2014. Forty (40) qualifiers will be chosen from each station for a total of one hundred twenty (120) online qualifiers chosen.
2. WOODS AND WATER ON-SITE ENTRY: Fill out a registration blank with name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and email address at Woods and Water, 5101 Summit Ridge, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405, during regular business hours. Any incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible. Woods and Water on-site registration boxes will available as of 10am Monday, February 3, 2014, and be picked up at 11am on Saturday, March 1, 2014. All entries must be received by 11am in order to be eligible. Station will contact the qualifiers chosen beginning at approximately 11am on Saturday, March 1, 2013. If a qualifier cannot be reached, an alternate will be chosen from remaining eligible entries received. A total of twenty (20) qualifiers will be chosen from Woods and Water entries.
3. CONTEST SPONSOR ON-SITE ENTRY: Fill out a registration blank with name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and email address at any participating sponsor location during regular business hours. ALL INCOMPLETE ENTRY BLANKS WILL BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE. These registration boxes will be available beginning 10am Monday, February 3, 2014 through 5pm Friday, February 21, 2014. From these additional registration boxes, a total of one hundred eighty (180) qualifiers will be chosen—ten (10) qualifiers from each of the eighteen locations. Beginning 10am Monday, February 24, 2014, Station personnel will contact these qualifiers; if a qualifier cannot be contacted within 24 hours, a replacement qualifier will be chosen from remaining eligible entries. PARTICIPATING SPONSORS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE ADDRESSES ARE LISTED IN FULL IN SECTION TWENTY (20) OF THESE CONTEST RULES.
5. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected via a reverse drawing at Woods and Water on Saturday, March 1, 2014. Station will randomly select one hundred eighty (180) entries from participating sponsor locations; twenty (20) qualifiers will be chosen from entries received at Woods and Water. These entries will be combined with the one hundred twenty (120) website qualifiers—forty (40) from each participating station— for a total of three hundred twenty (320) qualifiers. Qualifiers must then be present at Woods and Water on March 1, 2014, and signed in between 1pm and 2:45pm in order to be eligible for the reverse drawing. From the pool of eligible qualifiers present and registered at the Grand Prize event, station personnel will begin to randomly select entries one by one; as each entry is selected, that qualifier is eliminated from the contest. This will continue until only one (1) entry remains; the last remaining qualifier will be deemed the winner (subject to confirmation of eligibility). One (1) grand prize will be awarded.
6. If the selected Grand Prize Winner is not present at Woods and Water on March 1, 2014 at the time the Grand Prize Winner is selected in the reverse drawing, that selected qualifier will forfeit and the Qualifier most recently drawn will be the Grand Prize Winner (subject to confirmation of eligibility). This will continue until one (1) Grand Prize Winner present at the time of Grand Prize Winner determination is selected and their eligibility confirmed.
7. The grand prize package consists of the following: $5,000 Shopping Spree at Woods and Water awarded in the form of a store gift card. All expenses and fees associated with the grand prize not expressly included in the foregoing prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner. Total grand prize package is valued at $5,000.00. Gift Card expires August 1, 2015.
8. Odds of qualifying depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and listeners participating at any given time. Once qualified, odds of winning are approximately 1 in 320.
9. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize. The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
11. All prizes must be claimed in person at Woods and Water at the address identified on March 1, 2014. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Station to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the contest prize.
12. All entrants and winners agree that the Station shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
13. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. The Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
14. All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the Station harmless from any and all claims they may have against the Station in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Station owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
15. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
16. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release the Station, Townsquare Media Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and all contest sponsors from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
18. A winners list may be obtained after March 3, 2014, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 34505.
19. Participating Sponsors are listed below.
- Bama BBQ; 3380 McFarland Boulevard, Northport, AL 35476
- Bama Buggies, 110 15th Street East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Cheeky’s; 25714 Highway 82, Gordo, AL 35466
- Custom Truck and Exhaust; 2530 Temple Avenue North, Fayette, AL 35555
- Dixie Battery Supply; 3121 McFarland Boulevard, Northport, AL 35476
- Dixie Battery Supply; 1220 Hargrove Road, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- English Auto Parts; 51 Belcher Street, Centreville, AL 35401
- First South Farm Credit; 5210 McFarland Boulevard, Northport, AL 35476
- Hideaway Harbor; 12420 Hideaway Lane, Cottondale, AL 35453
- Lawrence Farm and Lumber; 19020 US Highway 43 North, Northport, AL 35475
- Lawrence Farm and Lumber; 641 AL Highway 129, Fayette, AL 35555
- Lisa’s BBQ; 1636 Temple Avenue North, Fayette, AL 35555
- Norris Automotive; 919 31st Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
- Northport Bargain Store; 3380 McFarland Boulevard, Northport, AL 35476
- Rick’s Quality Transmission; 3551 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Snap Fitness; 7402 Highway 69 South, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
- Southside Davis Tire; 2137 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa AL 35401
- V&W Supply; 712 20th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
- Woods and Water; 5101 Summit Ridge, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405