Be Prepared with this Pre-Storm Checklist for Supplies
We all know that weather can change our lives in an instant. Whether it's the middle of the summer or the cold of the winter, weather threats can happen at anytime. It's best to make preparations ahead of time in case disaster strikes, and this checklist of supplies will prove beneficial.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency recommends a list of food, water, and supplies in the event of a weather emergency.
- Store a three-day supply of non-perishable food for all family members, taking dietary concerns into mind.
- Chose salt-free crackers, whole grain cereals, and canned foods with a high liquid content.
- Keep at least a three-day supply of water per person.
- Each person needs to be allotted one gallon of water per day for drinking and sanitation.
- Purchase food-grade water storage containers from surplus or camping supplies stores to store your water.
- NOAA Weather Radio with extra batteries.
- Portable, battery-powered radio or television.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- Whistle to signal for help.
- Cellphone with chargers.
- Manual can opener for food.
- Extra cash in case ATMs are down.
- Sanitation and hygiene items
- Items for infants, such as formula, diapers, and bottles.
By following this checklist, you and your family can be fully prepared should a weather emergency strike.