The Sunrise News Sampler
- Authorities are searching for 16-year old Brandon Kyle Evans, one of three teens who attacked staff members at the Mount Meigs youth facility Saturday night. Evans, who is from Tuscaloosa County and said to have been seen in the Highway 69 S area, is considered armed and dangerous and should not be approached if seen.
- Yesterday, 41-year-old Belinda Keith, a former training officer at the Federal Correctional Institution in Talladega, appeared before US District Judge Sharon Lovelace Blackburn, where she pleaded guilty to charges of bribery and introducing contraband into the federal prisons.
- A UN report says the concentration of heat-trapping greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide, in the atmosphere is up about 20 percent since 2000. The report reminds world governments that their efforts to fight climate change are far from enough to limit global warming.
- Yesterday, Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigned from “Sesame Street” amid allegations of sex with underage boys.
- According to the Tuscaloosa News, officials in Tuscaloosa and Northport think that the increase of some businesses creates an undesired image to visitors and residents, and yesterday, the Tuscaloosa City Council voted to join Northport in a consultant-led study into how these businesses affect nearby areas.
- Triple A says more than 43 million US residents are going somewhere for Thanksgiving this year, up slightly from last year. However, it will take a real economic upturn before any significant increase in travel.
- CNN reports that the family of death row inmate Glen Rogers says that he killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. Rogers is a serial killer, charged with killing five women in several states. He was supposedly hired by O.J. Simpson to break into Nicole’s condo to steal diamond earrings he’d given her and was told that he MIGHT have to kill Nicole.