The Sunrise News Sampler
- As holiday sales continue in Tuscaloosa, the Iron Bowl will be held at Bryant Denny Stadium tomorrow. Officials encourage fans to use alternate routes, available at http://www.uagameday.com.
- While about 45 percent of the state remains abnormally dry, some counties north of a line extending roughly from the Montgomery to Auburn area are in an extreme drought, and forecasters say that area isn't likely to see any beneficial rain over the weekend.
- Today, stores are hoping to mark the beginning of a strong holiday shopping season, but they're facing tough competition from other stores and online retailers.
- Black Friday it started with a bang in New Jersey, as residents experienced a 2.1-magnitude earthquake shortly after midnight. It was the second earthquake to hit New Jersey tis month.
- Halle Berry's ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry has been released on $20,000 bail after a fight with Berry's fiance Olivier Martinez at her Hollywood Hills home yesterday. Aubry and Berry share a 4-year-old daughter.