The Sunrise News Sampler
- According to the Tuscaloosa City Schools, this Wednesday, the C-Span Campaign 2012 bus will make two stops in Tuscaloosa as part of the “Road to the White House” tour, at Central High School and later at the University of Alabama. The second stop will be open to the public.
- Alabama state officials say state Medicaid is facing a major funding shortfall, which was unknown when voters approved plugging the Medicaid budget in September.
- Cyber Monday is under way, with online retailers offering discounts on numerous items. Research firm comScore says it expects online sales to be up 20% from last year on Cyber Monday.
- Auburn has fired coach Gene Chizik, two years after he led the Tigers to their first national title since 1957. The Tigers closed this season with a 49-0 loss to Alabama that was the second-most lopsided Iron Bowl game ever and worst since 1948.
- The Rolling Stones took to the London state last night in the first of five concerts to mark their 50th anniversary.