The Sunrise News Sampler
- According to our daily, Mercedes-Benz will add a new SUV model to its production line in Vance in upcoming years, although what type of vehicle has not been announced.
- Civil rights groups are trying to bring a halt to the part of our immigration law that says officials would have to post lists of illegal immigrants in the state’s court system online, citing that the law is designed to do nothing but humiliate immigrants, even those in the US legally.
- In preparing for the blizzard approaching the Northeast, airlines are canceling flights early to try to keep planes, crews, and passengers away from snowed-in airports.
- A small bipartisan group of US senators is quietly trying to reach a compromise on support for background checks on gun purchases, a deal with could give political momentum to one of the key elements of President Obama’s gun-control plan.
- “Star Wars” creator George Lucas agreed to sell Lucasfilm to Disney last year, and Wednesday, he registered his shares in Disney for potential sale.