The Sunrise News Sampler
- This morning, our daily reports that last night, the Northport City Council voted unanimously to approve a $10 million line of credit to be used only in case of natural disaster or real emergency.
- In state news, several legislators are proposing bills to place restrictions on payday and title loans to limit annual interest rates, which are now up to 465 percent on payday loans and 300 percent on title loans.
- Today, a Senate committee is expected to vote on President Obama’s choice of John Brennan to head the CIA.
- The family of Oscar Pistorius is said to be concerned about comments made by the runner’s father, who said the family owns handguns for self-defense and that the South African government shares the blame for “white crime levels” in the country, comments that an uncle says doesn’t represent the rest of the family’s views.
- In entertainment news, John Mayer is coming to the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater on April 25th. Tickets go on sale Friday morning.