Tuscaloosa Absent on List of 25 Best College Bars
You might find this hard to believe, but the Crimson Tide has been left off a top 25 list. The Daily Meal released its list of the 25 best college bars in the country and The University of Alabama did not make the cut. In fact, only three Southeastern Conference schools had a bar on the list.
The food and drink website took recommendations from students before narrowing down the list based on 12 different factors ranging from cost to distance from campus to drinking games. Based on these qualifications, the top five college bars in the U.S. are:
- The Boot – Tulane University – New Orleans, LA
- Knight Library – University of Central Florida – Orlando , FL
- The Wagon Wheel – University of Kansas – Lawrence, KS
- Bullwinkle’s Saloon – Florida State University – Tallahassee, FL
- Bourbon Street – University of Georgia – Athens, GA
Joining Georgia from the SEC was South Carolina (Pavlov’s) and Florida (Salty Dog Saloon). Alabama, which has moved many bars further away from campus over the past decade, has lost a bit of its partying image despite in growing student body population.
But anybody that’s been to school in Tuscaloosa knows that this town has plenty to offer. What is your favorite bar college bar in town?