Tuscaloosa Police Department Is Offering The Equalizer Class – Women’s Self Defense Program
The Equalizer Program’s mission is to provide high quality education and training in the areas of personal safety and women’s self-defense.
The program empowers women to recognize and avoid violent situations and also gives women the tools they need to survive and escape physically violent situations should they be attacked.
Tuscaloosa Police Dept. is offering their classes July 18, July 25, August 1, & August 8. Classes will be held at the Tuscaloosa Police Department each night from 6-9pm. The cost of the class is just $20.00 and is open to females 13 years and older. The Equalizer Class gives women the tools they need to survive and escape physically violent situations should they be attacked.
Equalizer Women’s Self-defense Student Course Objectives
By the end of the Equalizer Student Certification Course, a Certified Participant will be educated about the following:
- The facts concerning rape/ sexual assault and stalking as well as what options they have if they or someone they know becomes a victim;
- The effects of rape/ sexual assault and who can help;
- How to recognize dangerous situations;
- How to reduce their exposure to possibly dangerous situations;
- How to avoid being the target of an attacker;
- The use-of-force to escape an attacker;
- The law and the use-of-force against an attacker.