5 Safety Tips to remember before taking part in Cyber Monday!
Everyone is familiar with the Cyber Monday...including criminals..
You know I got your back! My online shoppers, here’s your guide to safe online shopping on Cyber Monday and beyond.
- Don’t give extra information. If a site starts asking for personal data, like Social Security numbers or password security questions,exit immediately!
- Avoid using public wifi to shop. If you’re shopping and entering personal data, best to do it on your secure wifi connection at home.
- Beware of Cyber Monday emails with attachments. Cyber Monday emails with attachments. Delete them immediately. If you get an email from a store, type the store’s URL directly into your browser instead of clicking on the link. If the site doesn’t verify the deal, you probably just saved yourself from a possible viris or hack!
- Make sure you’re on a secure connection. Look for the padlock icon left of the URL when you go to check out. Also, make sure it says "https" Not just "http"
- Do not use debit cards to shop online. Use a credit card or a PayPal account that’s linked to a credit card.
Be careful and happy shopping!