Dumb Excuses For Being Late To Work
Making up excuses for being late to work is hard, it's even harder when you're late all the time!
According to Career Builder's annual late-to-work survey, 25% of us are late at least once a month. 12% said they're late at least once a week. 37% of people between the age of 18 and 44 are late at least once a month. That leaves us seasoned folks, 14% of people over 45.
The most common excuses we use are, "I got stuck in traffic" and "I overslept." But when you are late all the time, you gotta get a tad bit more creative!
Here are the eight DUMBEST excuses bosses said they've heard, some of these are so dumb, I don't believe someone would use them! I think #4 was still drunk lol!
1. "My coffee was too hot, and I couldn't leave until it cooled down."
2. "My fake eyelashes got stuck together."
3. "I was here, but I fell asleep in the parking lot."
4. Someone claimed they were late because of "morning sickness." But they definitely weren't pregnant . . . because it was a GUY.
5. Their astrologer told them there would be an accident on the highway. So they took back roads the whole way, and showed up an hour late.
6. "It was too cold out."
7. Someone claimed they accidentally drove to their old job. LOL!
8. "My dog ate my work schedule."
What's a dumb excuse you've, or even might have used? I remember when I use to make things up when I was in the Army, they believed it, however, when something really happened, like me driving off with my head gear on top of the car...they didn't believe me! Lol! True story though!