Monique Shares Life Lessons for a Peaceful Life
Do you remember when you were 20? I do, I remember making snap decisions, unhealthy relationships and more! I wish I knew a lot of things then, that I know now...it would have made life Sooo much easier.
It doesn't cost a thing for us to help out our younger sisters... only time. Each one can teach one. Our knowledge of some of the simplest things can be a world of help for someone.
I'm not the only person who feels this way, 50-year-old lawyer in Minnesota agrees!
Here are 10 pieces of advice:
1. Be kind, or at least courteous to other people. It doesn't really require much effort, and it makes you happier in the end. So, compliment people whenever you can, and try to be as understanding and patient as possible.
2. Don't try to fit in too much or dwell on other people's opinions. Just think of them as suggestions, and stay true to yourself. Also, never make a major life decision just to please someone else, like your parents.
3. Never stay in a bad relationship. Even if it's hard to leave, it's worth it in the end.
4. Don't focus too much on money. And remember that all your stuff is replaceable. In the end, it's not as important as the people in your life, or the relationships you have.
5. Don't make snap judgments about people. You never know the true context of what's going on in their life. So try to give people a break now and then.
6. Don't beat yourself up too much. Do what you can to fix your mistakes, then move on. Holding onto guilt for too long is toxic to your own happiness.
7. Don't worry about getting older. Life can be better at 40 than it is at 20.
8. Don't go fighting another female about a man. If she's willing to fight for him as you are, he's dealing with you both! Leave that zero and get yourself a hero.
9. Start Saving, even if it's $20 a week, start as early as you can.
10. Don't forget to smell the roses! At times, it seems life moves really fast, dealing with work, education and even kids. Remember to make time for yourself.