Boat-A-Thon Official Contest Rules
‘Boat-A-Thon’ Contest (the “Contest”)
Contest Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. WINNER MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE TUSCSALOOSA, ALABAMA LISTENING AREA (AS DEFINED BY ARBITRON) WHO HAS REACHED TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE AS OF JULY 26, 2013. ALL CONTEST ENTRANTS MUST BE PHYSICALLY ABLE TO ENDURE STANDING OUTDOORS FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME.
1. STATIONS: The Stations hosting the contest, WBEI, WDGM, WFFN, and WTUG, all subsidiaries of Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Stations”) with office at 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
TITLE SPONSOR: Hideaway Harbor and Boat Sales
PRESENTING SPONSORS: Locklear Dodge, Look N Good Fashions, Dickey’s BBQ, Spiller Furniture
PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: Wheat’s Carpet One, Derek Moody Mobile Homes, Big Al’s Backstreet Lounge, Body Works Salon, Bevella’s Pet Shop, Déjà vu Consignment, Tropical Tan, Arby’s
2. PRIZES: There will one (1) Grand Prize Awarded in this contest. Grand Prize package is a 15 foot Crest Wave V170 pontoon boat ($11,600 value) and Mercury 30 HP outboard motor ($3400 value). The package is a $15,000 total value. This prize DOES NOT include a trailer. Winner is responsible for all state and local taxes due in full upon picking the boat up from Hideaway Harbor. Winner is also responsible for boat title and registration within the state and all associated fees.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the contest to become an official contest qualifier and one (1) way to enter to become an alternate qualifier.
ONLINE CONTEST ENTRY: Listeners may enter online from 8am Wednesday, July 3, to 5pm Friday, July 19. You may enter the Contest by going to www.b1017online.com, www.953thebear.com, www.991wdgm.com, or www.wtug.com, and selecting the tab for this contest, and entering in into the station’s loyalty club. Online entry is unlimited; however, all additional entries beyond the initial entry must be purchased through points earned through the station’s loyalty club. More information about each station’s loyalty club and how to earn points is available at each station’s respective website. Station reserves the right to deem void and disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice.
ON-SITE CONTEST ENTRY: Listeners may enter at any participating sponsor location from 8am Wednesday, July 3, to 5pm Friday, July 19 .Listeners may visit any participating sponsor location during normal business hours and submit an entry blank with name, date of birth, address, and telephone number. Only one (1) entry per person is allowed per registration location. All incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible. Please see section 15 of these contest rules for a complete list of registration locations and addresses.
EXCLUSIVE ON-SITE CONTEST ENTRY: After 5pm Friday, July 19, Listeners may visit Hide-A-Way Harbor during regular business hours to submit an entry blank with name, date of birth, address, and phone number. All incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible. Contest entry at this location ends at 5pm Wednesday, July 24. Please see section 15 of these contest rules for a complete list of registration locations and addresses.
ALTERNATE ENTRY: Listeners may also register to be a Boat-a-Thon alternate. These alternates will be promoted to official contest qualifiers in the event that any qualifier does not attend the Boat-a-Thon or is otherwise deemed ineligible. Five (5) alternates will be chosen by station personnel at a remote broadcast—Date and Time TBD. To enter, fill out an entry blank with name, address, date of birth, and phone number during the remote. At the conclusion of the remote, five (5) alternates will be chosen from the eligible entries received.
4. ONLINE ENTRIES: The winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Station shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest, or for late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the Contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Station’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest, Station reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the Tuscaloosa, AL listening area who have reached twenty-one (21) years of age as of July 26, 2013. All entrants must be physically capable of standing for an extended period of time outdoors. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after August 31, 2012 were or are employees or agents of Station or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES:
Listeners may submit entries into the contest as described in section three of these contest rules. Qualifiers will be chosen from the station website and registration location entries beginning Monday, July 22, 2013. Qualifiers will be chosen at random from eligible entries received. Qualifiers will be notified of their being selected as official contest qualifiers by phone during regular business hours beginning Monday, July 22. Station must speak with qualifiers directly to confirm eligibility. If a qualifier does not answer his/her phone, station will leave a voicemail. Qualifiers then have 24 hours to return the station’s call before being deemed ineligible. A total of twenty-seven (28) qualifiers will be chosen.
Qualifiers will be chosen at random from eligible entries received at Hideaway Harbor beginning at 8am on Thursday, July 25. Qualifiers will be notified of their being selected as official contest qualifiers by phone during regular business hours that day. Station must speak with qualifiers directly to confirm eligibility. If a qualifier does not answer his/her phone, station will leave a voicemail. Qualifiers then have until 8am Friday, July 26, to return the station’s call before being deemed ineligible. A total of eight (8) qualifiers will be chosen from Hideaway Harbor.
A TOTAL OF THIRTY-SIX QUALIFIERS WILL BE CHOSEN TO COMPETE IN THE HIDEAWAY HARBOR BOAT-A-THON.
All qualifiers will meet at the designated Boat-a-thon location (the rear of University Mall, 1701 McFarland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35404) for sign-in beginning at 4pm Friday, July 26. ALL QUALIFIERS MUST PRESENT A VALID PHOTO ID UPON SIGN-IN AND COMPLETE AND SIGN ALL RELEASES AND WAIVERS FROM TOWNSQUARE MEDIA. Sign-in concludes at 5pm. ANY QUALIFIER WHO HAS NOT SIGNED IN BY 5PM ON FRIDAY, JULY 26, WILL BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE AND AN ALTERNATE WILL BE CHOSEN AT THE STATION’S DISCRETION TO TAKE HIS/HER PLACE.
All qualifiers will then assume their positions on the boat by 6pm. ONE HAND MUST REMAIN ON THE BOAT AT ALL TIMES. As each qualifier removes his or her hand from the boat, s/he is eliminated from the competition. This process will continue until one (1) winner remains. THE QUALIFIER WHO REMAINS STANDNING WITH HIS OR HER HAND ON THE BOAT THE LONGEST WILL BE DEEMED THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER.
ADDITIONAL CONTEST DETAILS: Qualifiers will be allowed one five (5) minute break at the top of every hour and one fifteen (15) minute break every 4 hours. QUALIFIERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICES WHILE THEIR HANDS ARE ON THE BOAT DURING THE COMPETITION PERIOD. Qualifiers are allowed to bring bottled water back to the boat/competition area back with them to ensure they have constant access to adequate hydration. If needed, station personnel will bring water to qualifiers. All qualifiers are prohibited from the use of illegal drugs or alcohol. Qualifiers will be allowed to bring any necessary prescription medication in original bottles to be taken as directed. Qualifiers MUST disclose any pertinent medical issues upon sign-in, and appropriate arrangements can be made to meet said medical needs at the discretion of the station. Qualifiers are required to wear appropriate attire at all times subject to station approval.
In the event of inclement weather, the contest will be suspended until the severe weather threat has passed. Qualifiers and spectators will have access to a designated shelter area.
Family members are prohibited from bringing tents, generators, firearms, alcohol, illegal drugs, etc. to the Boat-A-Thon. Any items brought by the qualifiers, their family, or their friends are subject to the approval of station personnel.
AT ANY AND ALL TIMES DURING THIS CONTEST PERIOD, ANY AND ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE STATION ARE FINAL.
7. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 8am on July 3, 2013 and ends when one (1) contestant remains with his/her hand on the boat (date and time TBD).
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Station reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Station in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Station may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Station, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Station and Prize Provider (each a “Station Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Station Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Station Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Station Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Station reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law. Winner will be required to pay ALL STATE TAXES ($525) upon picking the boat up from Hideaway Harbor. Station will send winner a w-9 form as well. Registering the boat with the state is the responsibility of the winner as are all associated costs.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winners, available after June 14, 2013, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Boat-a-Thon,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to ““Boat-a-Thon,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Alabama without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
15. REGISTRATION LOCATIONS:
• Hideaway Harbor Showroom, 5335 Skyland Boulevard East, Cottondale, AL 35453
• Hideaway Harbor Marina, 12420 Hideaway Lane, Cottondale, AL 35453
• Locklear Dodge, 550 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
• Spiller Furniture, 1940 Harper Road, Northport, AL 35476
• Spiller Furniture, 200 15th Street , Suite 4, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
• Arby’s, 3430 Buttermilk Road, Cottondale, AL 35453
• Body Works, 513 Queen City Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
• Bevella’s Pet Shop, 2507 McFarland Boulevard, Northport, AL 35476
• Derek Moody Mobile Homes, 414 Stele Street, Centreville, AL 35042
• Wheat’s Carpet One, 51 McFarland Boulevard, Northport, AL 35476
• Tropical Tan, 5550 McFarland Boulevard, Northport, AL 35476
• Look N Good, 715 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
• Big Al’s, 2108 14th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
• Déjà vu Consignment Boutique, 110 15h Street, Suite F, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
• Dickey’s BBQ Pit, 9770 Highway 69 South, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
• Townsquare Media Outdoorsmen’s Expo, Bryant Conference Center, 240 Paul W Bryant Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 (This box only available July 12 and July 13 from 10am to 4pm daily, subject to change as per station’s discretion)