Stillman Homecoming Festivities Announced
Stillman College Homecoming festivities have been announced. The following is a partial list of planned events.
- On Sunday, October 6, the Christian Student Association (CSA) will host a Worship Service at 11 a.m. in the Harold N. Stinson Auditorium. That evening at 4 p.m., there will be a Unity Gospel Concert performed by students from Stillman and The University of Alabama.
- On Monday, October 7, a Non-Greek Step Show will be held in Birthright Alumni Hall at 7 p.m. General admission is $5. Stillman students will be admitted free of charge with a student ID.
- On Tuesday, October 8, at 7 p.m., “I Will Always Love You: An Evening of Pop Music Dedicated to Alumni and Friends of Stillman College” will be presented by the Stillman College Choir’s Swing Ensemble in the Wynn Fine Arts Center Presentation Room. Admission is $5.
- On Wednesday, October 9, the Sophistication Unlimited Modeling Troupe Fashion Show will be held at Birthright Alumni Hall. Tickets are $3 in advance/$5 at the door.
- On Thursday, October 10, the 137th Founder’s Day celebration will be held at 11 a.m. in Brown Memorial Presbyterian Church. The Founder’s Day speaker will be Patricia Kirk-McAlpine, a 1973 Stillman graduate who rose to the highest rank possible for Federal Civilian employees, the rank of Senior Executive Service (SES), prior to her retirement in 2010. The Educator Hall of Fame will be held in the Warner Presentation Room in the Wynn Fine Arts Center at 7 p.m. Tickets for the Educator’s Hall of Fame are $25. This event will be followed by Stillman’s Got Talent & Homecoming Block Party, which will take place at the outdoor amphitheater on Greek Row.
- On Friday, October 11, the Homecoming Golf Tournament will be held at The Links. Registration begins at 7 a.m. The cost is $75. At 12:30 p.m., the Blue Pride Luncheon will begin in the Hay Center Cafeteria. Admission is $7. There is no charge for guests with a meal card. At 5 p.m., the President/Alumni reception will be held in the Education Building. At 6:30 p.m., there will be a pep rally, followed by fireworks at Stillman Stadium. A Victory Bonfire will begin at 7:45 p.m. at the Physical Plant Parking Lot.
- On Saturday, October 12, the annual Homecoming parade will take place in downtown Tuscaloosa. The Parade begins at 9 a.m. and starts on the corner of 22nd Avenue and University Boulevard and ends on the corner of 22nd Avenue and 11th Avenue. Later that day at 1:30 p.m., the Homecoming game against Benedict College will commence. Tickets to the game are $15 for adults, $7 for children 12 and under and $25 for Executive Seats.
- At 5 p.m., the Thomas E. Lyle Battle of the Bands will be held at Stillman Stadium and a Greek Step Show will be held at 8 p.m. at Birthright Alumni Hall. Step Show admission is $10 for students in advance. General admission is $15 in advance. All tickets are $20 at the door.
- To maintain order and safety, parking and logistics are planned as follows: on Friday, October 11th, all RVs and tents will enter through the 40th Street gate beginning at noon. The gate at Brown Memorial will close at the regularly scheduled time (6 p.m.) and will remain closed to traffic from vehicles. The gate at 18th Street will be exit only. To be re-admitted into this gate, attendees must have the designated parking pass. The 40th Street gate will be for Exit Only with the exception of RVs and buses. No motorcycles or four wheelers will be allowed past the parking location near the entrance, and no animals will be allowed.
On Saturday, October 12th, all pedestrians and vehicle traffic arriving on the campus at the main gate after 8 a.m. must pay an entry fee: adult walk-on ($5.00) / children 12 years old and under walk-on ($1.00) or parking fee ($10.00) to gain admittance to the campus. No one under the age of 18 will be admitted without a parent or guardian.
The main gate at Brown Memorial will remain closed. The pedestrian gate will open at 8 a.m. and close at 2 p.m. The main gate will be Entrance Only until 6 p.m. After 6 p.m., it will be open to two-way traffic. After the football game, 40th Street will become Exit-Only.
Vendors may secure a spot for $375. RVs (tailgating) will cost $175 and tents (tailgating) will cost $100. To reserve a spot or for more information, vendors should contact Key West Edwards at 205-366-8963 or at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. To reserve a space for RVs and tents, contact Daphne Hood at 205-366-8874 or at email@example.com.