The Sunrise News Sampler
- Tuscaloosa police say they’re following up on numerous tips concerning the murder of retired University of Alabama professor Kate Ragsdale, who was found dead in her home last month. Dozens of people have called to report suspicious activity and potential suspects in her killing.
- Female Democratic Alabama legislators are upset that the Republicans are pushing bills limiting abortions and some types of birth control, as it is said that they seem to have adopted an “anti-female” agenda.
- The conclave to select a new pope begins tomorrow. Yesterday, the 115 cardinal electors took time off from discussions over the future of the Roman Catholic church to celebrate Mass at churches throughout Rome.
- President Obama is said to be reaching out to GOP lawmakers to bridge their differences, and he’s being received with both acceptance and reluctance.
- In his performance of “Suit and Tie” on “Saturday Night Live,” Justin Timberlake changed the lyrics to the song to take a shot at Kanye West over his criticism of the song.