A man and his dog were found dead in his Corvette after an electronic malfunction apparently caused them to become trapped in the car.

According to Al.com Port Arthur police believe the man and his dog became trapped inside the car after a battery cable came loose and locked the doors and disabled the horn.

The car a 2007 Chevrolet Corvette does not have manual door locks, leaving the man and his dog unable to escape and most like dying from heat according to fire officials.

The man was unable to call for help because he had left his phone at a nearby Waffle House.