Heartwarming Holidays 2016: Official Contest Rules
‘Heart Warming Holidays’ Contest (the “Contest”)
Contest Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. WINNERS MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE TUSCSALOOSA, ALABAMA LISTENING AREA (AS DEFINED BY ARBITRON) WHO HAS REACHED EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AS OF DECEMBER 19, 2016.
1. STATIONS: The Stations hosting the contest, WBEI, WDGM, WTUG, WTSK, and WFFN, all subsidiaries of Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Stations”) with office at 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
SPONSORS: Participating sponsors are listed in Section 15 of these contest rules.
2. PRIZES: There will be three prizes awarded in this contest.
The Grand Prize Winner receives a Prize Package valued at $1,100: eight (8) $25 Pre-Paid Visa Gift Cards (expires 1/17); two (2) $50 Pre-Paid Visa Gift Cards (expire 7/25); six (6) $50 Pre-Paid Visa Gift Cards (expire 4/25); four (4) $50 Pre-Paid Visa Gift Cards (expire 12/24); four (4) $40 Pre-Paid Visa Gift Cards (expire 12/23);two (2) $50 Hungry Howie's Gift Cards (no expiration date listed)
Winner One receives a Prize Package valued at $250: one (1) $50 Hungry Howie's Gift Card (no expiration date listed); one (1) $50 Home Depot Gift Card (no expiration date listed); one (1) $50 JC Penney Gift Card (no expiration date listed); two (2) $50 Pre-Paid Visa Cards (expire 11/23)
Winner Two receives a Prize Package Valued at $250: one (1) $50 Hungry Howie's Gift Card (no expiration date listed); one (1) $50 Lowe's Gift Card (no expiration date listed); one (1) $50 Sears Card (no expiration date listed); two (2) $50 Pre-Paid Visa Cards (expire 11/23)
3. HOW TO ENTER: Listeners may enter online from 1 p.m. Monday, December 5, 2016 to 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, December 14, 2016. You may enter the Contest by going to www.mystar1017.com, www.953thebear.com, www.tide1029.com, or www.wtug.com, and selecting the tab for this contest, and entering in into the station’s loyalty club.*
LISTENERS MAY ONLY NOMINATE ANOTHER PERSON TO RECEIVE A “HEART WARMING HOLIDAY;” LISTENERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO NOMINATE THEMSELVES IN THIS CONTEST.
When submitting an entry, listeners must provide the following information: listener’s full name, address, email address, daytime phone number, evening phone number and pertinent information about the individual being nominated to receive a “Heart Warming Holiday.” This information MUST include the nominee’s full name, date of birth, address, and phone number along with a brief story about why the nominee is in need of a “Heart Warming Holiday.” Story is limited to 500 characters. NOMINEE/WINNER MUST BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AS OF DECEMBER 15, 2016.
4. ONLINE ENTRIES: The winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Station shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest, or for late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the Contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Station’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest, Station reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the Tuscaloosa, AL listening area who have reached eighteen (18) years of age as of December 15, 2016. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after December 5, 2015 were or are employees or agents of Station or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: Listeners may submit entries into the contest as described in section three of these contest rules. Applications will be reviewed by the station, and winners will be chosen on Thursday, December 15, 2016. These winners will be notified at approximately 12 p.m. via telephone calls.
In the event station personnel cannot immediately reach the winner by telephone, the winner has 24 hours to return the station’s phone call to remain eligible in the contest. Should the listener fail to return the station’s call within 24 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen from eligible entries received.
Winner One and Winner Two will each be required to sign a release form and w9 to claim their prizes; all prizes must be claimed at the offices of Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405. These winners must pick up their prizes no later than 12 p.m. on Thursday, December 22, 2016.
The Grand Prize Winner will be chosen by the station on as described above. Station will then make arrangements with the winner to deliver the prize Tuesday, December 20, 2016. Upon delivery of prize, winner will be required to sign a release form and w9as a condition of receiving the grand prize.
7. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 1 p.m. on Monday, December 5, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, December 14, 2016.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Station reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Station in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Station may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Station, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Station and Prize Provider (each a “Station Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Station Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Station Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Station Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Station reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law. Winner will be required to complete a release form and W-9 form before receiving prize.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winners, available after December 26, 2016, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Heart Warming Holidays,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Heart Warming Holidays,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Alabama without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
1. Norris Automotive
2. Crawford Insurance
3. Dwayne’s Towing and Recovery
4. Norris Automotive
5. SE Furniture
6. Clayton Homes
7. Northport Electrical Supply
8. Northport Auto Supply
9. Hungry Howie’s