It’s Red Nose day!!!
WTUG and the rest of the Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa family is supporting Red Nose Day!
Red Nose Day aims to end child poverty by raising money and awareness for kids in the U.S. and around the world!
Why the red noses?
The goofy prop helps use entertainment to raise awareness and is a conversation starter. It lends a goofy, kid-friendly air to fundraising.
Noses are sold ony at Walgreens and they will donate 50 cents for each nose purchased before June 3 to Comic Relief Inc.'s Red Nose Day Fund.
Donations go to a number of different well-known organizations that help kids. Go nto rednoseday.org, it lists ways money will help:
• "$1 can provide 11 meals for hungry children through Feeding America food banks."
• "$10 can provide essential immunizations for a child in need," according to Children’s Health Fund.
• "$10 helps provide a safe place for an at-risk child in America to go during the summer and after school," according to the Boys & Girls Club of America.
• "$30 can provide one person with access to clean water in Uganda," according to charity: water.
• "$50 can provide one year’s tuition, supplies, and textbooks for a child in a developing country," according to Save the Children.
• "$100 provides food, clothing, shelter, and medical care to help get a child off the street," according to Covenant House.
You can donate at rednoseday.org/donate, by calling 800-500-4373, or in-store at any Walgreens.
If you or your place of business is participating in Red Nose Day, post a picture on our facebook page!