Tuscaloosa, Alabama Downtown Movie Series Updates Schedule After Heavy Rain
Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa's Free Movies Downtown at Sundown series has revised its schedule due to inclement weather.
The following updated movie times are listed below:
- Muggles and wizards alike are all welcome to come and enjoy a showing of “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” which will take place this weekend, June 26. Be sure to bring your wands and represent your favorite Hogwarts house!
- Don’t stay home alone on Saturday, July 3, because Christmas in July is coming to Government Plaza. “Home Alone” will be the fifth film in the summer movie series, and while the event is free, you'll still be expected to “keep the change, ya filthy animal.”
- Hop in your DeLoreans and head down to Government Plaza on July 10 for “Back to the Future.” This classic flick is sure to please children and adults alike – and just might satisfy your urge to go back in time before masks, vaccines and toilet paper shortages. Hoverboard parking will be available on the fourth floor of the City of Tuscaloosa Intermodal Facility Deck.
- Disney fans will not want to miss a free showing of "The Princess and the Frog," which has been moved to July 17.
- Families and children are encouraged to dig their 2020 Halloween costumes out of storage and come to Government Plaza dressed up on July 24. The beloved “Hocus Pocus” will be the feature flick of the weekend, making good the Halloween we wish we could have had last year.
The event is sponsored by Tuscaloosa Tourism and Sports, the City of Tuscaloosa, Burnum-Hahn Exterminators, Pepsi, First Kids Urgent Care and Bryant Bank.
“This summer movie series is something for every family because it’s free and a great way for us to come out and be part of Tuscaloosa, love our community and see our neighbors again,” said Meg Summers, Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa's Director of Content, in a May press release initially advertising the event. “We’re so grateful to Tuscaloosa Tourism and Sports, the City of Tuscaloosa, Pepsi and Bryant Bank for making this fantastic series a reality.”
If you’re a business owner who is interested in supporting this great community event, reach out to Pete Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay connected to The Tuscaloosa Thread for more updates on Free Movies Downtown at Sundown.