‘Pick the Vin to Win’ Official Contest Rules
‘Pick the Vin to Win’ Contest (the “Contest”)
Contest Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. WINNER MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE TUSCSALOOSA, ALABAMA LISTENING AREA (AS DEFINED BY ARBITRON) WHO HAS REACHED EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AS OF DECEMBER 21, 2013.
1. STATIONS: The Stations hosting the contest, WBEI, WDGM, and WFFN, all subsidiaries of Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Stations”) with office at 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
TITLE SPONSOR: Bama Buggies
PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: Nancy & Co. Jewelry; S&R Chevron, River’s Edge; Rick Rush Gallery; V & W Supply
2. PRIZES: There will one (1) Grand Prize Awarded in this contest. Grand Prize package is a Polaris ATV, valued at $11,366. This prize DOES NOT include a trailer. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize and will be required to complete a W-9 before receiving prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the contest to become an official contest qualifier and one (1) way to enter to become an alternate qualifier.
ONLINE CONTEST ENTRY: Listeners may enter online from 8am Monday, November 18, to 5pm Tuesday, December 17. You may enter the Contest by going to www.b1017online.com, www.953thebear.com, or www.991wdgm.com, and selecting the tab for this contest, and entering in into the station’s loyalty club. Online entry is unlimited; however, all additional entries beyond the initial entry must be purchased through points earned through the station’s loyalty club. More information about each station’s loyalty club and how to earn points is available at each station’s respective website. Station reserves the right to deem void and disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without notice.
ON-AIR CONTEST ENTRY: On-Air Qualifiers will be chosen by WBEI, WDGM, and WFFN beginning Monday, November 18, 2013, through Tuesday, December 17. Listeners may become a qualifier in the contest by listening for the station’s cue to call and being the correct caller through to the station. The station’s cue to call sounders will air at random times each weekday throughout the contest period (excluding Thursday, November 27, and Friday, November 28); the sounder will air between the hours of 6am and 5pm each weekday. One (1) qualifier will be chosen each weekday on each station during the contest period for a total of twenty (20) qualifiers per station, sixty (60) for all three stations. Stations’ studio numbers are listed below.
WBEI: Listeners can call the studio at (205) 345-1017. The 10th caller to the WBEI studio will be named a qualifier.
WDGM: Listeners can call the studio at (205) 342-9904; the 9th caller to the WDGM studio will be named a qualifier.
WFFN: Listeners can call the studio at (205) 349-4953; the 9th caller to the WFFN studio will be named a qualifier.
ON-SITE CONTEST ENTRY: Listeners may register to become a qualifier at station remote broadcasts. Listeners who attend the remote broadcast will fill out a registration blank to enter; listeners must list their names, addresses, and dates of birth on registration blanks. A total of ten (10) qualifiers will be chosen from eligible entries received at each remote broadcast. A complete list of remote broadcast dates, locations, and times is disclosed in Section 15 of these contest rules.
‘LAST MINUTE’ ENTRY: Listeners may also register to become a qualifier in the contest at a ‘last minute’ remote broadcast to be held on Friday, December 20, 2013 from 6pm to 8pm at River’s Edge, 29214 US Highway 11, Knoxville, AL 35469. To enter, fill out an entry blank with name, address, date of birth, and phone number during the remote. At the conclusion of the remote, twenty (20) qualifiers will be chosen from the eligible entries received.
4. ONLINE ENTRIES: The winning online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry was made. The authorized email account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Station shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the online entry form, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest, or for late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. If this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry in the Contest, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Station’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Contest, Station reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the Tuscaloosa, AL listening area who have reached eighteen (18) years of age as of December 21, 2013. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after November 18, 2012 were or are employees or agents of Station or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; and (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES:
Listeners may submit entries into the contest as described in section three of these contest rules. Qualifiers will be chosen from the station website beginning Tuesday, November 19, 2013. All online entries from all stations will be combined into one pool of entries, and qualifiers will be chosen at random from eligible entries received. Qualifiers will be notified of their being selected as official contest qualifiers by phone during regular business hours beginning Tuesday, November 18, 2013. Station must speak with qualifiers directly to confirm eligibility. If a qualifier does not answer his/her phone, station will leave a voicemail. Qualifiers then have 24 hours to return the station’s call before being deemed ineligible. After a qualifier is deemed ineligible, an alternate shall be chosen from the remaining eligible entries received. A total of one hundred eighty (180) on-line qualifiers will be chosen.
A TOTAL OF THREE HUNDRED QUALIFIERS WILL BE CHOSEN: 180 online qualifiers; 60 on-air qualifiers; 20 last-minute qualifiers; and 40 remote location qualifiers.
The winner will be chosen via a random drawing to be held at Bama Buggies, 110 15th Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 on Saturday, December 21, 2013. QUALIFIERS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. Qualifiers are required to sign-in with the station before the drawing. A valid photo ID is required for sign-in. Sign-in begins at 9am and ends at 10:45am. ANY QUALIFIER NOT SIGNED IN BY 10:45 AM WILL BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE. Sign-in will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis.
After sign in, qualifiers will each draw one (1) blank from stations’ pool of VIN Numbers. Each blank displays one (1) VIN. After all qualifiers have received a VIN number, station will reveal the winning number. The qualifier whose VIN matches the stations’ winning VIN will be named the winner.
7. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 8am on Monday, November 18, 2013 and ends at approximately 11:30am Saturday, December 21, 2013.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Station reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Station in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Station may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Station, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
9. USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Station and Prize Provider (each a “Station Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Station Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
10. ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Station Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Station Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
11. TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Station reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law. Winner will be required to complete a release form and W-9 form before receiving prize.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winners, available after December 30, 2013, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Boat-a-Thon,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
13. COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “Pick the VIN to Win,” c/o Meg Summers, 142 Skyland Boulevard East, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Alabama without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
15. REMOTE BROADCAST LOCATIONS:
- 4PM to 6PM Tuesday, November 19, 2013: Nancy & Co. Jewlers, Northport, AL
- 3PM to 5PM Thursday, December 19, 2013: S&R Chevron, Highway 82, Northport, AL
- 11AM to 1PM Friday, December 13, 2013: Rick Rush Gallery, 2701 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL
- 11AM to 1PM Thursday, December 12, 2013: V&W Supply, 712 20th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL
- 6PM to 8PM Friday, December 20, 2013: River’s Edge, 29214 Highway 11, Knoxville, AL–LAST MINUTE REMOTE