20 Ways to Say You’re From Tuscaloosa Without Saying You’re From Tuscaloosa
If you're anything like me, your newsfeed has been filled with variations of the same meme: 'Tell Me You're from _____ Without Saying You're From ______."
I made the mistake of scrolling Facebook before bed, so as I dealt with a particularly nasty case of insomnia last night, all I could think of was that stupid meme and how I would answer if someone made the challenge Tuscaloosa-specific.
Y'all ready to do this?
This is how you can tell me you're from Tuscaloosa without saying you're from Tuscaloosa:
- You plan your entire life around Bama's football schedule and can reference said schedule without Googling it because you memorized it the day it was released
- You have a favorite Waffle House and refer to it as "the Good Waffle House"
- You avoid Target, restaurants, and basically everything on University the week "the students" come back
- Mr. Tee has saved your life
- You know at least four shortcuts to avoid McFarland traffic
- You know it's SKY-land not Sky-LAND
- You refer to our Mayor by his first name
- Your birthday celebration always starts with pancakes at City Cafe
- You have extremely strong opinions re: Dreamland v Archibald's
- You remember eating at the "old" Hokkaido
- You have a minimum of two Taco Casa hacks (dip the burrito in beefy queso, y'all)
- The entire FOH staff at the Avenue Pub knows you on a first name basis
- You wait at least 2 seconds before the light turns green because you know literally everyone runs red lights all the time
- Orange triggers you for two reasons: Tennessee and road work
- Chick-fil-A's being closed on Sundays bums you out, but the only Sunday restaurant closure that truly breaks your heart is Catfish Heaven
- People regularly ask you to help them get football tickets
- You are immune to COVID-19 and several other transmittable diseases because you used the bathroom at the old Egan's
- You miss Big Bad Wolves BBQ nachos with every fiber of your being
- You plan your lunch break/commute around the Amtrak schedule
- You make the drive to Pearl Garden JUST for the egg rolls
What would you add to the list? Hit me up using our app chat and let me know.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
This Cute Cabin Can Be Yours for Less Than $80 a Night