Michael Jackson Wins 8 Grammys on This Day 32 Years Ago
There is no question that one of the greatest entertainers ever is Michael Jackson. I remember the first time I saw Michael perform in concert was in Columbus Georgia with his brothers. The Commodores opened for them. Yes, the Commodores led by Lionel Richie opened for the Jacksons.
It was a great concert. Unfortunately, the girl sitting behind me was screaming so loud and calling Michael at the top of her voice for the whole concert I couldn’t enjoy the show.
The last time I saw Michael Jackson in concert was the ‘Bad Tour’ in Atlanta Georgia. It was the most incredible concert I had ever seen and I haven’t seen a concert come close to a Michael Jackson concert yet.
On this day February 28, 1984 I watched Michael Jackson win 8 Grammy Awards!
- Album Of The Year Thriller
- Best Recording For Children T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- Best R&B Blues Song Billie Jean
- Best R&B Vocal Performance Male Billie Jean
- Pop Male Vocalist Thriller
- Record Of The Year Beat It
- Rock Male Vocalist Beat It
- Producer Of The Year Thriller Shared with Quincy Jones