More Road Construction In Tuscaloosa….Why Of Course!
If you're a fan of all the road construction going on in our city, then you're going to enjoy this....14 more Tuscaloosa streets will begin being resurfaced by the end of this month.
The city council unanimously approved a 2.5 million dollar contract last week, and the resurfacing will start within the next couple weeks.
According to a story in The Tuscaloosa News the road work will be done on the following streets:
• 23rd Street — between Herman and 35th avenues
• Washington Square
• 29th Avenue — between 15th and 26th streets
• Old Greensboro Road — between Plantation Road and Alabama Highway 69 South
• 18th Avenue — between Mimosa Park Road and the city limit
• New Watermelon Road — between Lake Nicol Road and Commons North Loop
• 13th Street — between Hackberry Lane and Queen City Avenue
• 16th Avenue East — between Veterans Memorial Parkway and 18th Street East
• Green Grove Drive Northeast — between Green Grove Lane eastward to its end
• Palisades Drive — between Hargrove Road and Skyland Boulevard
• Creekwood Place — between Creekwood Drive and its end
• Jug Factory Road — between McFarland Boulevard and 13th Avenue East
• Overhill Road — between Skyland Boulevard and Southmont Drive
Officials say that the work should be completed by May 1, 2019.
So pack some more Tylenol, and maybe a sack lunch too.....
For more on this story read HERE