Nobody is Obligated to Answer Your Call
I never thought I'd be the one to say this, but sometimes I wish we could go back to the way things used to be. Granted, technology has made some things better, but there are some areas where technology has done us a great disservice. The theme of my rant today is the ever handy cell phone.
Yes, it's quite convenient to be able to call someone who's just left to let her know she left something behind or to text your significant other small notes of appreciation and desire throughout the day. Those things make cell phones worth having.
But the mobility of cell phones creates the fallacy of always being available.
If you've never received the "I know you see me calling you" text, you can stop reading. If you have, this one's for you! Feel free to copy the necessary lines and use them as call rejection texts:
1. I see you calling me, but I'm not in a position to talk right now. So, calling back will do no good. I'll call you when I'm free.
2. I see you calling me, but I'm not an entertainer. Calling me because you're bored won't make your day any better. Call me when you have something to say.
3. I see you calling, but I simply don't feel like being bothered right now. I know that sounds rude, but sometimes I need a few moments to myself.
4. I see you calling, but I don't want to talk around someone who is near me right now. Now, if you don't care about other people knowing your business, call me back and I'll answer.
5. I see you calling, but I don't know why. I cut you off a long time ago. As a matter of fact, I thought I blocked you. About to do it again for sure. Calling back will do no good.
Okay, okay... I'm not this rude in real life, but these are definitely some of the thoughts that run through my mind when people call time after time and then text, "I know you see me calling you."
I mean, really... Who said you have to answer every call every time? Nowhere was a contract signed obligating anyone to answer every call made to him.
If you find yourself in a place where you feel like you're being ignored, you just may be. But more than likely, the person you're calling is busy. Leave a regular message, and they'll call you back at their earliest convenience.
Unless you're calling me. If it's been over a day, I forgot. Call me again. LOL