Nutmeg Can Get You High (And Other Interesting Foods On Sale In Alabama)
I love food.
Don't we all? Some more than others.
I dig unusual and interesting facts, especially about food.
*All facts in this story from buzzfeed.com
Here we go:
1. McDonalds Fries were better in the 70's, 80's and early '90's. WHY? They were cooked in a perfectly salty "beef fat" that made 'em delicious. Hindu groups in other countries filed complaints about the use of beef in a potato product, so McD's caved.
2. Peppers have more Vitamin C than an ORANGE. Strangely, a lemon has more sugar in it than a strawberry. Weird.
3. Nabisco changed "Animal Cracker" packages after the fun folks at PETA complained.
4. A single spaghetti noodle is called a spaghetto. Hmmmm.
5. In 2018, Butterfinger changed it's recipe that they had been using for decades. Some, really do not like the new recipe.
6. Pineapples can take 2-3 years to grow.
7. Spam, is just a mash-up of the words "spice" and "ham".
8. My fave, Hawaiian pizza, was invented in Canada.
9. German Chocolate Cake did not come from Germany. The name comes from Sam German, a dude that invented a type of baking chocolate. The recipe originated in TEXAS!
10. Peaches (the best fruit ever) and Nectarines are THE SAME FRUIT. They are genetically identical, except for a gene that is recessive in Nectarines and doesn't produce any fuzz.
OH, how I love Peaches and Nectarines.
I really can't wait for the road side stands in Alabama cities to pop up all over the place. There's nothing like the fresh fruit from a farmers road side stand.
I had the best blackberries of my life driving through a town near Maplesville, Alabama.
God Bless America.
Top 10 Places to Cure the Munchies in Tuscaloosa
How Alabamians Like Their Fried Bologna Sandwiches
6 Tuscaloosa Restaurants We Miss Desperately