UA Goes Online-Only, Cancels Graduation for Spring Semester
As concerns about the spread of COVID-19 continue to grow, the University of Alabama has called off all person-to-person and on-site classes for the spring semester and canceled all graduation ceremonies.
Wednesday afternoon, UA President Stuart Bell shared a comprehensive semester completion plan that outlines the steps the University will take. Some of those include the following:
- All remaining classes this semester will be taught remotely
- Residence halls and Greek residential houses are closed. Recreation facilities are also closed. Dining halls, food courts, libraries and other services will not be readily available.
- A staggered plan to retrieve belongings from residence halls and Greek houses is being developed and will be communicated at a later date. Students are not authorized to return to campus outside of this plan and any who show up without authorization will not be accommodated.
- Honors week, athletic activities and other events are cancelled for the remainder of the semester. On-campus Spring Commencement will not be held as scheduled, and families should not plan on traveling to campus for that event.
- Interim and summer education abroad classes are cancelled.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app