Wednesday, September 11th Weather Outlook

Weather remains hot for today as you can expect mostly sunny skies.  Also, there is a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon that continue into the late evening.  The high for today is 95, and the low will be around 73.

Watching the tropics as there is a disturbance near the southeast Bahamas.  The National Hurricane Center gives it a 40% chance of development through 48 hours and a 60% chance of growth through the next five days.  At this time (stressing at this time as we know this can change) the projected track is across the Florida Straits or South Florida and into the eastern Gulf of Mexico.  We will be watching this as it develops.

More From 92.9 WTUG