Storm Damage Reports Across West Alabama
This is a continuous weather damage update of pertinent details. This will be updated with incoming weather information for Wednesday, March 30, 2022.
With Wednesday's severe weather threat, we are already seeing damage reports come in across West Alabama.
Faunsdale Bar and Grill is out of commission due to the storm
Damage near the new Holt High school
Roadway debris on Highway 82
- Reported by the NWS - "Ashby [Bibb Co, AL] fire dept/rescue reports TSTM WND DMG at 10:18 PM CDT -- trees down on Ashby road and nearby roads. Likely part of a tornado track."
- Reported in NWS chat "Several roofs off (Faunsdale Bar and Grill and Faunsdale Coop) and trees/powerlines down at/near Faunsdale then crosses into Hale County on Co Rd 26 with trees blocking road. All power off in area. still accessing but seems other Lower Hale County roads minimal blockage."
Debris on McFarland Blv
Debris on the roads of Sumter county
The NWS reports that "SSW Kirk [Pickens Co, AL] emergency mngr reports TSTM WND DMG at 09:03 PM CDT -- damage to a mobile/manufactured home. possible extension of the tds track noted to the northeast."
- The NWS reports "Multiple trees down on Sumter County Road 2 between McVay Road and the I20-59 overpass."
- According to the NWS, "Uniontown [Perry Co, AL] emergency mngr reports NON-TSTM WND DMG at 06:30 PM CDT -- a few trees down in the Uniontown area due to gradient winds."
- Centreville [Bibb Co, AL] emergency mngr reports "NON-TSTM WND DMG additional reports of trees downed across the county due to gradient winds."
Tree down in Northport at the entrance to Barnes Settlement Rd.
- Tree and Power line down 382 Mountain Top Drive Woodstock Al ( Bibb )
Downed powerline on Housebend Rd.
Wind damage at Pine View Baptist Church. Hwy 5 in Brent
Tuscaloosa has reports of 300 with no power. Marion county has reports or 500 without power.
- Lamar Co, AL emergency mngr reports NON-TSTM WND DMG at 04:00 PM CDT -- several trees and power lines were blown down.
- Storm Spotter in Fayette County reports "Large tree down on Fayette County RD 49 at 21"
We will continue to update this story as new damage reports come in. If you have footage or tips on damage, send a picture or email to DreDay@1051TheBlock.com.