L. Spencer Smith Debuts Talk Show on Tuscaloosa Radio Station
Townsquare Media Tuscaloosa is proud to announce that Bishop L. Spenser Smith will be joining the Praise 93.3 WTSK on-air lineup starting on Monday, March 6.
Smith will host the “Culture Call” Talk Show, airing Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until Noon. The show is deeply rooted in how “the world is shaped by perspectives - the ways things are seen that create cultures,” said Smith. “Culture is the convergence of ideas, ideals, and interests that establishes and builds communities.”
The mission of the “Culture Call” radio program will be to create a “platform for varying perspectives to be heard & discussed for the community fabric of Tuscaloosa, surrounding areas, and now via stream, the world can experience and explore the societal contexts & concerns of all people,” said Smith.
Praise 93.3 knows that Smith’s talk show will be a great benefit to the community.
“I’m truly excited about our partnership with L. Spencer Smith,” said Mary K, Brand Manager at WTSK. "Smith is empowered to bring awareness to relevant topics. I know he will use this platform to bring about change, education, and growth for our community.”
More on Bishop L. Spencer Smith
Leonard Spenser Smith grew up the third of four children but always seemed to stand out among the Smith clan; accomplishing great things ahead of his age. Growing up as a musical prodigy, he began singing before audiences at the age of 4, taught himself to play piano at age 11, and secured his first minister of music position at age 12. Reared in a musically gifted and deeply religious family, it was clear where Bishop Smith’s path would eventually lead him.
After graduating with honors from Cross High School in 1989, he attended Florida A&M University, majoring in Music Education. While there, he was a member of the World-Famous Marching 100 and Director of the FAMU Gospel Choir. After graduating in 1995, he worked in the Duval County Public School System as a middle school band director.
In 1996, at the age of 26, Bishop Smith began his pastoral ministry at the New Testament Church, Inc. in Tuscaloosa, Alabama after the untimely passing of his father-in-law, the Reverend Charles E. Moore.
His profound and courageous leadership has caused the ministry to be a life-changing force, not only in Tuscaloosa but throughout the region and nation. In 2000, at the age of 29, he became one of the youngest men to be duly consecrated as a Bishop in his reformation, Kingdom Fellowship Covenant Ministries, based in Baltimore, MD. In 2005, Bishop Smith founded the IMPACT HOUSE in Birmingham, AL, a thriving ministry impacting the South-Central region. Bishop Smith’s accomplishments are numerous. They include:
- Highly sought Life Coach & Inspirational Speaker
- Stellar Award-Nominated Recording Artist, Songwriter, and Producer working with gospel artists such as Donald Lawrence, Twinkie Clark, Karen Clark-Sheard, Men of Standard, and Marvin Sapp
- Author of the books, The Altar’ed Life, Getting Ready for Love, and YES!
- A Nationally-acclaimed Gospel Recording Artist
- Who’s Who Among American Executives and Leaders
- The American Heritage of Leaders Honor Recipient
- Member, Joint College of Bishops Congress, Cleveland, OH
- President, Unity Impact Network
- Senior Pastor, The Impact Nation Fellowship Church, Birmingham & Tuscaloosa
- Master of Divinity Candidate, School of Theology of Virginia Union, Richmond, Virginia
- He is the husband of the beautiful Patrice Moore Smith, and the father of 3 lovely and gifted children: Jori Aaliyah, Jamel Alexander, and Jarren Andre
- A proud member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.