Tuscaloosa Events Planned for Third Anniversary of the April 27th Tornado
The City of Tuscaloosa has released a schedule of events to honor the third anniversary of the April 27, 2011 tornado.
In a press release, the events will highlight how the city is building back stronger, safer and smarter.
Events planned the week of the tornado anniversary:
- Monday, April 21 from 5:30 to 7 p.m.: Recovery Programs Open House at the Richard A. Curry Environmental Services Building - 3440 Kauloosa Ave. Public is invited.
- Tuesday, April 22 at 10 a.m.: Richard A. Curry Environmental Services Ribbon Cutting and Open House – 3440 Kauloosa Ave. Public is invited.
- Wednesday, April 23: City Hall Reads “Molly and the Tornado” – University Place Elementary School, Alberta Elementary School, 315 McFarland Blvd. East.
- Thursday, April 24 at 6 p.m.: Debut Recovery Videos at Mercy Me Concert – Tuscaloosa Amphitheater, 2710 Jack Warner Parkway. Videos also will be posted on the City’s social media outlets.
- Saturday, April 26 at 8 a.m.: Exhibit at Mayor’s Cup 5k — Government Plaza, 618 21st Ave.
For information about the anniversary events, call Tuscaloosa 311 at 205-348-5311