7 Not So Obvious Signs That Your Child Needs Glasses
School started yesterday and for some students, this is their first year in school, and we all hope that our children do well in school. It's not so easy to do when you can't see.
As a child, my eye sight was really bad, my Mom knew very early that I needed glasses. Often, it's not that easy to tell. With the new school year starting up, here are seven not-so-obvious signs your kid might need glasses.
1. They avoid books or claim they don't like to read. Maybe it's true, or maybe it's just harder than it should be, because the words are blurry.
2. It seems like their attention span has gotten shorter. Yes, the two might be linked. Would you believe children have even been diagnosed with ADHD when they really just needed glasses.
3. Their hand-eye coordination seems like it's lacking. For example, they might have a tough time catching a ball, or tying their shoes.
4. They sit really close to the TV, because maybe they HAVE to.
5. They blink or rub their eyes a lot. It could be allergies. But it could also be a sign they're straining their eyes to see.
6. Guiding their eyes with their finger when they read. It's not always a sign they need glasses, but it could be.
7. Falling grades. If they start doing worse in school and you can't figure out why, think about getting their eyes checked.
To read more on how important it is to have your child's eyes examined early, Click here